Tuesday, December 16, 2008

St. Jude's

O.K. as much as I hate to admit it I am drawn to watch Jon & Kate plus 8 every week. I totally do not agree that they are putting their child's lives on TV for all to see, and I think they are in it for the freebies. Now having said that, I just watched yesterdays show this morning and found myself boo-hooing. I know it doesn't take much, but whatever.


The Gosselins went and bought presents for the children at St. Jude's hospital, this didn't pull at my heartstrings quite as much as the actual patients there. The Gosselins more than likely got all of the stuff they so generously gave away donated by K-mart. I suppose that I never realized what a wonderful organization St. Jude's is. They take every patient and these people do not pay for anything. They never turn a child away. How awesome is that????? The hospital is so much more like a school than a hospital. The people that work there seem so caring and sincere. I just never realized how truly wonderful that hospital is.


I would like to challenge everyone who reads this blog to donate to St. Jude's during this holiday season. You can do it at Gymboree when you are checking out, I know because they ask me every time. I thought about signing up a team to keep track of how much we can raise, but it occurred to me that I don't care, I just want to support this cause. So please help me to help them.

Here is the link.

4 comments:

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

What an awesome thing Lisa! I am going to donate!

Courtney said...

Wow Lisa what a great post!!! St. Jude's is an awesome hospital and a great cause to donate to!!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
After having seen what my cousin and his wife went through with Blake,who is 6 mos older than Connor, I was hooked. I alway donate to St. Judes. Blake had a ver rare tumor in his abdomen and they found it when he was right at a year old. It was the size of a grapefruit! They lived in the Ronald McDonald house for over 6 months, and go back every 3 months now for check ups.

Wonderful post!!

*Kel* said...

I'm going to try to donate this year as well. However, I'm STILL not going to watch Jon and Kate... LOL :-)